The neo-classical semi-detached house with large adjoining stable, a small wash house and a shooting lodge was built in 1837 by master builder Joseph Anton Seger from Vaduz. From 1864 to 1912, the listed farmstead on Feldkircher Strasse served the imperial post office to deliver mail to most of Liechtenstein. The historic ensemble will be preserved, supplemented by a new courtyard house. The building will offer the International Music Academy Liechtenstein, with its popular masterclasses for talented young musicians from the region and around the world, a new place to develop. The rooms and atmosphere of the residential building will be largely preserved for future use as student accommodation and practice rooms. The attic will become a professor’s loft. The stable, built in the typology of a pillar barn, will be adapted into a concert hall for chamber music. The historic wooden cladding of the façade has been reinterpreted with adjustable wooden slats. The new courtyard house takes over foyer and service functions and forms the social centre of the ensemble as a communal lounge. All buildings are characterised by a uniform use of material, and are grouped around a courtyard square. Various types of green landscaping complement the open space and link the entire complex with the landscape.
Design Team: Andreas Cukrowicz, Anton Nachbaur-Sturm, Gregor Benz, Stefan Prattes.
Project Team: Gregor Benz [PL], Rebecca Zöschg, Miriam Kuhn, Lena-Katharina Küpper, Andreas Cukrowicz, Anton Nachbaur-Sturm in cooperation with Vogt Landscape Architects AG Zürich, Conzett Bronzini Partner AG Bauingenieure Chur, Müller-BBM Raumakustik Planegg/Munich, Conceptlicht Mils.
Client: Hagen-Haus Foundation Liechtenstein
Concept 2019, Construction 2022-2024